Ashok Saraf is an Indian actor and comic who principally seems in Hindi and Marathi movies and TV serials. He’s well-known for his extraordinary comedian abilities.
Ashok Saraf was born on 4 June 1947 (age 72 years; as in 2019) in Nagpur, Central Provinces and Berar, British India (now in Maharashtra). His hometown is Belgaum in Maharashtra. His zodiac signal is Gemini. He spent most of his childhood at Chikhalwadi in South Mumbai. Saraf attended DGT Vidyalaya, Mumbai. On the age of 18, Saraf began doing Marathi Drama. His first business Marathi play was “Yayati Aani Devyani.”
Peak (approx.): 5′ 10″
Weight (approx.): 80 kg
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Black
Household, Caste & Spouse
Ashok Saraf belongs to a Hindu Household. Not a lot is thought about his mother and father and siblings. He’s married to Nivedita Joshi Saraf, a movie and tv actress and has a son, Aniket Saraf, who’s a pastry chef.
Ashok was allegedly linked to the Marathi actress, Ranjana Deshmukh. The affair bought disclosed when the actress died in an accident.
Ashok Saraf began his performing profession in 1969 with the Marathi movie “Janaki.” Subsequently, he appeared in movies like “Donhi Gharacha Pahuna,” “Jawal Ye Laju Nako,” “Tumacha Amacha Jamala,” “Chimanrao Gundyabhau,” “Deed Shahane,” “Haldikunku,” and “Duniya Kari Salam.” Through the Nineteen Eighties and 90s, he was thought of as one of many two Marathi comedy superstars, together with the actor Laxmikant Berde.
Saraf redefined the time period of comedy within the Marathi movies “Ashi Hello Banava Banavi,” “Aayatya Gharat Gharoba,” and “Dhum Dhadaka.”
Ashok has performed some important roles in Bollywood movies like “Singham,” “Pyaar Kiya To Darna Kya,” “Gupt,” “Koyla,” “Sure Boss,” and “Karan Arjun.”
He has additionally featured in TV serials like “Yeh Choti Badi Baatein” and “Hum Paanch” which had been very profitable. In 2000, he appeared in Sahara TV’s comedy present “Don’t Fear Hojayega” which grew to become very talked-about.
He owns a manufacturing home “Aniket Telefilms.”
- Filmfare Award for Ram Ram Gangaram (1977)
- Maharashtra Authorities award for the film Pandu Havaldar
- Display screen Award for the film Sawai Havaldar
- Bhojpuri Movie Award for Maika Bitua
- Greatest Comic in Maharashtracha Favourite Kon?
Be aware: Ashok has additionally acquired 4 extra Filmfare Awards and 10 Awards from the Maharashtra Authorities for his Marathi Movies.
Administrators: Shantaram Bapu, Rajabhau Paranjpe
- His hobbies embody travelling and listening to music.
- He’s usually referred to as the Samrat Ashoka of the Marathi Movie Trade.
- His spouse, Nivedita Saraf Joshi is eighteen years youthful to him.
- In 2017, there have been dying rumours in regards to the actor however her spouse, Nivedita Joshi Saraf, rubbished all of the rumours and stated that he was fully fantastic.
- Saraf has acted in quite a lot of Marathi performs together with ‘Hamidabaichi Kothi,’ ‘Anidhikrut,’ ‘Manomilan,’ ‘He Ram Cardiogram,’ ‘Darling Darling,’ ‘Sarkha Chatit Dukhtay,’ ‘Laginghai,’ and ‘Vacuum Cleaner.’
- He’s affectionately referred to as “Mama,” which suggests maternal uncle.
- Ashok has acted in additional than 250 Marathi movies, out of which 100 movies had been business successes.
- The actor was as soon as travelling to Kolhapur for the shoot of his movie “Mahalakshmi Categorical.” Again then, the actors acquired little or no charges so he travelled within the second class of the practice. Whereas he was on his method, two policemen recognised him and made enjoyable about how poor the actor’s life was. Saraf bought so embarrassed with their feedback that he hid his face underneath the blanket for the whole journey.
- Saraf as soon as met with a automotive accident when he escaped dying however was badly injured at his neck. The docs suggested him to take full relaxation for six months.
- In 2012, he survived one other main accident when he was on his method for a press convention for his film, ‘Gol Gol Dabyatla.’