Vivian Fernandes is an Indian Rapper. His nickname is Divine. He turned well-known throughout Mumbai together with his debut observe, “Yeh Mera Bombay” which launched in 2013. Allow us to discover out some extra attention-grabbing particulars about Vivian Fernandes life, his household, biography, and different info.
Vivian Fernandes was born on 2 October 1990 (age 28; as in 2018) in Andheri, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. He was raised within the chawls of J. B Nagar in Andheri, Mumbai. He was educated at St. John the Evangelist Excessive College, Marol Andheri, Mumbai. He graduated from R.D. Nationwide Faculty, Mumbai. Since his childhood, he was inclined in the direction of singing. He began writing rap songs when he was in eleventh customary. Impressed by the well-known rappers, Eminem and 50 Cent, Vivian began with English rap however later shifted to rap within the Hindi language. He used to accompany his mom to a church in Marol the place he practised rap music in a peaceable setting. After this, he named himself ‘Divine.’
Peak: 5’ 6”
Weight: 60 kg
Physique Measurements: 40′ Chest, 30′ Waist, 14′ Biceps
Eye Color: Darkish Brown
Hair Color: Black
Household, Girlfriend & Caste
Vivian was born right into a Christian Household. His father was abusive in nature and deserted his household when Vivian was a toddler. His mom moved to the middle-eastern nation, Qatar in Arab to earn the livelihood; leaving her two kids with their grandmother. Vivian has an elder brother, Anthony Fernandes, who relocated to Qatar to assist his mom.
Throughout his childhood, Vivian’s buddy gave him a CD with the songs of Eminem and 50 Cent. After listening to the songs, Eminem and 50 Cent, Vivian was impressed and began writing rap songs. In his preliminary days, Vivian took greater than 5 hours to compose good lyrics. He began his profession as an unbiased artist. He shot his first tune “Coming For You” together with his Nokia N8 cell. Throughout his school days, he was a member of Mumbai’s Best, a hip hop squad in Mumbai and was skilled below a rapper referred to as Ace. In 2013, he was famous for his solo debut observe “Yeh Mera Bombay.”
In 2013, his autobiographical rap tune “Jungli Sher” was launched below the Sony Music India. The tune covers round 40 areas of Mumbai and was shot on iPhone.
In 2015, Divine collaborated with one other rapper, Naezy and referred to the collaboration as Divine and Naezy and launched a tune ‘Mere Gully Mein’ below Sony Music India, which was an enormous hit. It was referred to be the Mumbai’s rap anthem.
In 2017, Divine collaborated with the feminine rapper, Raja Kumari and composed an old-fashioned hip hop vibe to their tune, Metropolis Slums.
Divine made his singing debut with the Bollywood film, Mukkabaaz. He sang the tune “Paintra” together with the man rapper, Nucleya.
Awards & Achievements
- Greatest Video Of The 12 months Award – Rolling Stone India – Yeh Mera Bombay in 2014
- Greatest Digital Dance Music (EDM) Of The 12 months – International Indian Music Academy Awards (GIMA) – Jungle Raja in 2015
- Listed among the many ‘Prime 10 Artists To Watch Out For’ – BBC Asian Community in 2016
- Musician Of The 12 months – Outlook Social Media Award in 2018
- Singers/Rappers: Michael Jackson, Eminem, 50 Cent, Bob Marley, Jay-Z, Lecrae, Tupac Shakur, Nas, Stormzy, and Likelihood The Rapper.
- Songs: Modifications by Tu Pac and Alright by Kendrick Lamar.
- Albums: Illmatic by Nas, Me In opposition to the World by Tupac, and Straight Outta Compton by NWA.
- Hip-Hop Producers: Dr Dre, DJ Premier, and Pharrell Williams.
- Divine established a Mumbai-based crew and a music label with the identify, Gully Gang.
- He dislikes beatboxing music style.
- He’s a non-vegetarian.
- He’s the primary Indian artist to have a solo launched worldwide by Apple Music.
- He’s the primary Indian rapper to rap in freestyle within the Hindi language for BBC 1 radio present, ‘Fireplace within the Sales space’ sequence.
- His hobbies embody travelling and gymming.
- He has a tattoo of a home and a tree on his proper forearm and a tattoo of wings of a chicken on his proper facet of the chest.
- He resides in chawl space of J. B. Nagar in Andheri, Mumbai.
- He’s a canine lover and has a pit bull, Grumpee.
- He was gifted a pc and a microphone by his mom after he handed out from school.
- On 8 October 2018, he was gifted a ‘Mahindra Thar CRDe’ by the chairman of Mahindra Group, Anand Mahindra.
I’m a fan of desi rap. I see it as a brand new voice of the subsequent era. It’s uncooked, uninhibited, and always explores new territories of expression-Identical to the Thar. I’m additionally a fan of the rapper Divine. Yesterday I received an opportunity to reward one Jungli Sher to a different.. pic.twitter.com/lPfK5EGQav
— anand mahindra (@anandmahindra) October 9, 2018
- Zoya Akhtar, movie director, was impressed by the life story of Divine when she noticed his live performance on the Blue Frog Membership in Mumbai and determined to make a film on him.
- In 2019, a Bollywood film titled, Gully Boy, is launched which depicts the lifetime of the rappers Divine & Naezy. The function of Divine is performed by Ranveer Singh.