Mahesh Vaman Manjrekar is an Indian actor, director, screenwriter, and producer. He’s finest identified for taking part in the function of Raj Yadav/Baali within the Bollywood movie “Kaante” (2002).
Mahesh Manjrekar Wiki/Biography
Mahesh Manjrekar was born on Saturday, 16 August 1958 (age 61 years; as in 2019) in Mumbai. His zodiac signal is Leo. He did his education from Mumbai’s Don Bosco Excessive Faculty and went to the College of Mumbai to pursue his commencement. He was inclined in direction of appearing from a younger age. Manjrekar began doing theatre when he was in faculty.
He began his profession in appearing with the much-acclaimed Marathi play, Aflatoon, within the 12 months 1984. He acquired immense appreciation for his efficiency within the play. Subsequently, he did performs like “All of the Finest,” “Dhyanimani,” and “Gidhade.”
Top (approx.): 5’ 10”
Weight (approx.): 75 kg
Hair Color: Salt & Pepper
Eye Color: Brown
Physique Measurements (approx.): Chest 40″ Waist 33″ Biceps 12″
Household, Caste & Spouse
Mahesh Manjrekar belongs to a Hindu Household. Not a lot is thought about his mother and father. He has a brother, Shailesh Manjrekar, and a sister, Devyani Manjrekar. Mahesh Manjrekar met Deepa Mehta, a fancy dress designer, in his faculty days and began relationship her. The duo acquired married to one another after a courtship of some years. The couple parted methods after a number of years of their marriage. They’ve a son named Satya Manjrekar (Actor) and a daughter named Ashwami Manjrekar (Movie Producer, Chef).
After separating from Deepa, Mahesh tied the knot with the Marathi actress, Medha Manjrekar. He has a daughter, Saiee Manjrekar (actress) and a step-daughter, Gauri Ingawale (actress), who’s Medha’s daughter from her first husband.
Appearing & Route Profession
Mahesh Manjrekar began his appearing profession in 1992 with the Marathi Movie “Jeeva Sakha” by which he performed the function of ‘Inspector Jamdade.’ Mahesh made his debut within the Hindi Movie Trade with the movie “Vaastav: The Actuality” and thereafter did many Hindi movies together with “Plan,” “Musafir,” “Zinda,” and “Dus Kahaniyaan.”
As a director, he’s credited for movies like “Aai” (1995), “Vaastav: The Actuality” (1999), “Nidaan” (2000), “Astitva” (2000), and “Viruddh” (2005). He has additionally tried his palms in singing and has lent his voice to a number of songs from movies like ‘Kaante’ (2002), ‘Metropolis of Gold- Mumbai 1982: Ek Ankahee Kahani’ (2010), and so on. In 2006, he participated within the dance actuality present “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa” season 1 and have become the second runner-up of the present.
He was additionally part of the Hollywood Oscar-winning movie ‘Slumdog Millionaire’ (2008). Manjrekar has made a particular look within the movie “Sanju.” Mahesh has even featured within the Netflix’s collection “Choice Day” by which he has performed the function of Tommy Sir, a cricket coach.
In 2018, he hosted the primary season of the fact TV present “Huge Boss Marathi.”
Mahesh Manjrekar made his debut in politics in 2014 with the Lok Sabha elections. He contested the 2014 elections as part of the Raj Thackeray-led MNS (Maharashtra Navnirman Sena) from the Mumbai North-West Constituency; nonetheless, he misplaced to Gajanan Kirtikar of Shiv Sena.
- In 2002, Manjrekar informed the police that he had spoken to the underworld together with Sanjay Dutt, Sanjay Gupta, and Harish Sughand from a lodge in Nashik. Nonetheless, he denied talking to anybody as soon as he appeared in court docket.
- In Could 2013, the poster of Mahesh Manjrekar’s Marathi movie “Kokanastha” attracted criticism. The poster confirmed the actor Sachin Khedekar dressed as an RSS Swayamsewak with a tag line: Taath Kana, Haach Baana (A straight backbone is our character) and other people known as it “Brahmin Supremacist.” Later, Mahesh rubbished all of the claims of supremacism and stated,
I’m making a film in a free nation consistent with the regulation. I can’t go round looking for approval for the poster. Individuals are entitled to their views as I’m to mine.”
- Manjrekar has additionally confronted criticism within the Marathi Movie Trade for supporting some actors.
- His hobbies embrace dancing and writing.
- He’s usually noticed ingesting alcohol on numerous events.
- In 2000, Mahesh organised a free screening of the movie “Astitva” for the ladies. At the moment, he didn’t anticipate many individuals within the theatre, however the outcome was overwhelming and so many ladies attended the screening of the movie that his workforce needed to name the police to handle the gang.
- In a profession spanning over 20 years, Manjrekar has acted in over 75 movies throughout all main movie industries within the nation. He has additionally written and directed greater than 25 movies within the Hindi and Marathi cinema.