Priya Vasudev Mani Iyer, higher referred to as Priyamani, is an Indian actress and former mannequin who primarily works in Malayalam, Telugu, Kannada, Tamil, and Hindi-language movies.
Priyamani was born on Monday, 4 June 1984 (age 35 years; as in 2019) in Bengaluru. Her zodiac signal is Gemini.
She did her education from Bengaluru’s Sri Aurobindo Memorial Faculty and Bishop Cotton Ladies’s Christian Legislation School. She was good at dance and sports activities in her faculty days and actively participated in extracurricular actions. She began modelling for print commercials when she was in class. Priya modelled for manufacturers like Kancheepuram silks, Erode silks and Lakshmi silks. When she was in twelfth normal, the Tamil Movie Director, Bharathiraja, launched her to the movie trade. She pursued a level in Bachelor of Arts in Psychology via correspondence.
Peak (approx.): 5’ 6”
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Black
Household, Caste & Boyfriend
Priyamani belongs to a South Indian Hindu Household. Her father, Vasudeva Mani Iyer, is an entrepreneur, who owns a plantation enterprise. Her mom, Latha Mani Iyer, is a former nationwide badminton participant, who was additionally a financial institution supervisor on the Union Financial institution of India. She has a brother, Vishakh, who can also be an entrepreneur.
Priyamani was rumoured to be in a relationship along with her Raavanan co-star, Prithiviraj.
She was additionally rumoured to be courting the south star, Jagapthi Babu.
Priya acquired engaged to Mustafa Raj, proprietor of an occasion administration firm, on 27 Could 2016.
The couple tied the knot on 23 August 2017.
Priyamani began her appearing profession in 2003 with the Telugu movie “Evare Atagaadu.” Subsequent, she made her debut within the Malayalam Movie Business with the movie Sathyam. The movie was a flop. Her Tamil debut got here within the 12 months 2004 with the movie “Kangalal Kaidhu Sei.” In 2006, Priya starred within the Telugu movie “Pellaina Kothalo,” which was an excellent hit and bagged her 3 movies. She earned extensive reputation by taking part in the position of ‘Muthazhagu’ within the Tamil movie “Paruthiveeran.”
Subsequently, she appeared in movies like “Yamadonga,” “Malaikottai,” “Thirakkatha,” and “Arumugam.” In 2009, Priya made her Kannada movie debut with the movie “Raam,” which was adopted by her debut in Bollywood with the movie “Raavan.” She has additionally featured within the Bollywood movie “Chennai Categorical.”
Along with movies, Priya has judged numerous dance actuality exhibits together with “D 4 Dance” (2014), “D2 – D 4 Dance” (2015), “Dancing Star 2” (2015), “Kings of Dance” (2016), “D3 – D 4 Dance” (2016), and “Dancing Star 3” (2016).
In 2019, she featured in Amazon Prime’s internet collection “The Household Man.”
She has even featured on the covers of magazines like “Marriage ceremony Life Journal,” “Simply For Ladies Journal, “FWD Journal,” and “Grihalakshmi Journal.”
She has walked the ramps for trend designers like Nick Roshan.
- In 2012, the Hyderabad media created a ‘fabricated scandal’ between Priya and the Aazaan actor, Sachiin Joshi. It was reported that Sachiin teased Priyamani in “allegedly inebriated” state at a celebration after a match. He tried to “maintain her hand” and “hug” her, rubbing the damsel’s “ego” the mistaken method. The false studies infuriated the actress and he or she mentioned,
We had been simply unwinding after the matches. I don’t perceive why a narrative like this has been circulated. All it does is hurt Sachiin and my reputations.”
- In 2016, Priya shared her engagement information along with her followers and well-wishers via Twitter. The actress, who was anticipating blessing and good needs from everybody, was apparently showered with loads of criticism and nasty feedback about her fiance and household. Upset with a lot of negativity coming her method, the actress gave a befitting reply to her haters. She wrote
Fed up of a lot of hatred and negativity almost about the engagement information that I shared this morning hoping that everybody can be part of my new journey and bless me with ur variety messages..however I’m appalled by a lot of damaging reactions!Develop up you folks!!!ITS MY LIFE..and I’m NOT answerable to anyone aside from my dad and mom and my fiancé!”
- In Could 2016, Priyamani attracted controversy for her remarks over a rape case. The grotesque rape and homicide of Jisha, a Authorities Legislation school pupil in Ernakulam shocked the whole nation and lots of celebrities voiced their dissent over the recurrence of such incidents within the nation. Priya too took to twitter to share her agony and wrote that India was not a secure place for ladies. She even requested the ladies to depart the nation and transfer to secure locations overseas. She was extremely criticised for her assertion.
- Priyamani acted in a film titled “Engiruntho Vandaal,” however the movie for some unknown causes by no means progressed past some extent. So, the makers of the movie didn’t pay her in full. Nonetheless, later the movie was accomplished with another artists and some of Priya’s scorching stills, which had been shot earlier, had been additionally being included within the movie. Sad with the maker’s act, Priyamani filed a criticism with Film Artists Affiliation MAA, demanding its intervention, and cease utilizing her content material or pay her in full.
- Nationwide Movie Award for Finest Actress for her movie “Paruthiveeran” (2006)
- Tamil Nadu State Movie Award for Finest Actress for the movie “Paruthiveeran” (2006)
- Filmfare Award South for Finest Actress – Tamil for the movie “Paruthiveeran” (2007)
- Vijay Award for Finest Actress for the movie “Paruthiveeran” (2007)
- Filmfare Award South for Finest Actress – Malayalam for the movie “Thirakkatha” (2008)
- Sandalwood Star Award for Finest Supporting Actress for the movie “Vishnuvardhana” (2011)
- Filmfare Award South for Finest Actress – Kannada for the movie “Chaarulatha” (2012)
- SIIMA Award for Finest Actress for the movie “Chaarulatha” (2012)
- Suvarna Movie Award for Finest Actress for the movie “Chaarulatha” (2012)
- Asiavision Tv Award for Finest Movie star Choose for the present “D2 – D 4 Dance” (2015)
- Asiavision Tv Award for Finest Movie star Choose for the present “D3 – D 4 Dance” (2015)
- TSR TV9 Nationwide Movie Award for Finest Actress – Kannada for the movie “Dwaja” (2018)
- Desserts: Ice lotions, Sweets
- Her hobbies embrace dancing and listening to music.
- She follows a non-vegetarian eating regimen.
- She grew up taking part in Cricket and Disguise & Search with boys as a result of there have been no ladies of her age in her society.
- Mani stepped into modelling only for the sake of incomes somewhat pocket cash. At the moment, she by no means considered becoming a member of the movie trade.
- She is an avid animal lover and retains posting her photos with canines on her Instagram account.
- Priya is properly versed in Malayalam, Tamil, Hindi, English, Telugu, and Kannada languages.
- She is the granddaughter of the well-known Carnatic Vocalist Kamala Kailas.
- Priya is the second cousin of the Bollywood actress, Vidya Balan.
- It was Priya’s grandmother who supported her to change into an actress. Initially, her dad and mom had been hesitant about it however her grandmother all the time pushed her.
- Priyamani met Mustafa Raj for the primary time through the cricket event, CCL (Movie star Cricket League). Priya was the model ambassador of CCL at the moment and Mustafa was taking good care of the logistics. They each exchanged their numbers and have become good associates. Quickly their friendship blossomed into love and the couple dated one another for 4 years earlier than settling into a wedding.
- Her family and friends fondly name her Pillu.