Rajkummar Rao is an Indian actor. He made his debut with Dibakar Banerjee’s film “Love Intercourse Aur Dhokha” (LSD) in 2010.
Rajkummar Rao was born on 31 August 1984 (age 34; as in 2018) in Gurgaon, Haryana, India. His start identify is Raj Kumar Yadav. He enrolled in Siddheshwar Mandir Faculty, and, later, accomplished his training from Blue Bells Mannequin Faculty, Gurgaon. As a child, he bought coaching in martial arts. He graduated in Arts from Atma Ram Sanatan Dharma School, Delhi College, New Delhi. When he was in faculty, he actively participated in stage reveals and in addition did theatre at “Shri Ram Centre for Performing Arts” and “Kshitij Repertory” in Delhi. In 2008, he accomplished his performing course from Movie and Tv Institute of India, Pune.
Peak: 5’ 9”
Physique Measurements: 40′ chest, 34′ waist, and 14′ biceps
Eye Color: Black
Hair Color: Black
Household, Girlfriend & Caste
Rajkummar Rao was born right into a Hindu Household. His father was a authorities worker within the income division. His mom is late Kamlesh Yadav. Rajkummar grew up in a middle-class joint household. He was very near his mom. He misplaced his mom whereas he was capturing for his film Newton. He’s additionally a nationwide degree gold medalist in Taekwondo. He has a brother, Amit and a sister, Monika.
Rajkummar Rao has been reportedly relationship the actress, Patralekha Mishra Paul. He first met Patralekha in the course of the shoot of his film Citylights, through which the duo co-starred.
After graduating from Movie and Tv Institute of India, Rajkummar shifted to Mumbai to give attention to his performing profession. For round a 12 months, he made frequent visits to varied manufacturing homes and in addition met casting administrators. He got here throughout an advert by the casting director “Dibakar Banerjee” who was looking for recent faces, and, consequently, made his debut with the film Love Intercourse Aur Dhokha (LSD) in 2010. He was paid a remuneration of ₹11,000 for his film LSD. He, then, appeared in a brief function as a freedom fighter, Lokenath Bal, within the 2012 film, Chittagong. He was additionally seen in films like Ragini MMS (2011), Gangs of Wasseypur (2012), and Talaash (2012).
Rajkummar Rao bought his huge break with Hansal Mehta’s film “Shahid” in 2012. He appeared in a quick function as Govind Patel within the Abhishek Kapoor’s film ‘Kai Po Che’ (2013), which additionally starred Sushant Singh Rajput and Amit Sadh. The film was a business success and Rajkummar’s efficiency was enormously acclaimed.
In 2014, Rajkummar starred within the profitable drama films, Queen, starring Kangana Ranaut, and Citylights, starring Patralekha. He portrayed as a journalist within the critically acclaimed biographical drama Aligarh, starring Manoj Bajpai. His function as Newton Kumar within the 2017 film Newton received him many accolades and was strongly praised. He additionally appeared in films like Trapped (2016), Bareilly Ki Barfi (2017), and Stree (2018).
In 2017, Rajkummar performed the function of Subhas Chandra Bose within the Ekta Kapoor’s internet collection “Bose: Useless/Alive.” The identical 12 months, he appeared in a biographical crime film ‘Omerta,‘ enjoying the function of Omar Saeed.
In 2019, he performed the lead in Shelly Chopra’s film ‘Ek Ladki Ko Dekha Toh Aisa Laga,’ additionally starring Anil Kapoor, Sonam Kapoor, and Juhi Chawla.
Awards & Achievements
- Greatest Actor (Critics) – Filmfare Awards – Shahid in 2014
- Greatest Actor – Nationwide Movie Awards, India – Shahid in 2014
- Breakthrough Expertise of the Yr – GQ Awards, India – 2014
- Greatest Actor in a Supporting Function – Zee Cine Awards – Kai Po Che! in 2014
- Greatest Efficiency by an Actor – Asia Pacific Display screen Awards – Newton in 2017
- Greatest Actor (Particular Point out) – Indian Movie Competition Of Melbourne – Trapped in 2017
— Rajkummar Rao (@RajkummarRao) August 12, 2017
- Indian of the Yr (Leisure Class) – CNN-IBN Indian of the Yr – 2017
- Selection Asian Stars: Up Subsequent Award – Worldwide Movie Competition & Awards Macao – 2017
- Hottest Vegetarian – PETA’s Hottest Vegetarian Celeb – 2017
- The 50 Most Influential Younger Indians Award – GQ Energy Checklist – 2017
- Greatest Actor (Critics) – Filmfare Awards – Trapped in 2018
- Greatest Actor (Critics) – Display screen Awards, IN – Newton in 2018
- Greatest Actor – Dadasaheb Phalke Excellence Awards – Newton in 2018
- Greatest Actor in a Main Function – FOI On-line Awards, India – Newton in 2018
- Greatest Supporting Actor – Filmfare Awards – Bareilly Ki Barfi in 2018
- Greatest Actor in a Supporting Function – FOI On-line Awards, India – Bareilly Ki Barfi in 2018
- Extraordinary Influence Actor – Zee Cine Awards – 2018
- Greatest Actor – Display screen Awards, IN – Stree in 2018
- Greatest Actor in an online collection – IMW Digital Awards – Bose in 2018
- Greatest Actor Award – Talentrack Awards – Bose in 2018
Thanks #Talentrackawards2018 for honouring me with the very best actor award for Bose. Thanks group #Bose @ektaravikapoor @mehtahansal sir @Patralekhaa9 @filmypulkit14 @nouwwwin & everybody who made it attainable. pic.twitter.com/yJ1CorBV1h
— Rajkummar Rao (@RajkummarRao) March 17, 2018
- Man Of The Second Award – Vogue Magnificence Awards – 2018
- Greatest Actor (Standard Selection) Award – Hiya Corridor Of Fame Awards 2018
- Actresses: Madhubala and Konkona Sen Sharma
- Books: Biography of Robert De Niro, The Bhagavad Gita, The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand, The Godfather by Mario Puzo, My Autography by Charlie Chaplin, and Wild Seed by Octavia Butler
- Locations: Volendam in Amsterdam
- Films: The Godfather, Mohabbatein, and Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge
- Hobbies: Travelling, watching films and internet collection
- Dialogue: “Bade bade shehron mein aisi choti choti baatein hoti rehti hai.”
- Rajkummar Rao may be very near Ekta Kapoor, Dinesh Vijan (producer), and Hansal Mehta (director).
- He’s fairly keen on travelling and considers it a stress-buster.
- Rao additionally likes to exit for procuring.
- Rajkummar has put a wallpaper of his mom’s image on his cellphone. He considers his mom his hero.
- He has a behavior of creating his personal mattress and is a cleanliness freak.
- Rao noticed Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge for the primary time when he was 11-year-old. He used to think about himself as “Raj Malhotra,” which was the identify of Shah Rukh Khan’s character within the film. He would even ask his buddies to name him “Raj,” and said- ‘What is that this Rajkumar? Name me Raj!’
- When he was a baby, each time he watched a film, he would mimic the lead character of the film.
- He’s an avid reader. Rao likes studying books each time he’s travelling, in his vainness van, or balcony whereas having espresso.
- For his function as Subhash Chandra Bose, he gained almost 11 kg.
- His first crush was Madhubala.
- He says that he wish to be born as Marlon Brando in his subsequent start.
- Within the preliminary years of his profession, he needed to wrestle rather a lot. In an interview, whereas remembering these days, he mentioned,
It was once powerful occasions for me. I come from a really humble center class background and there was a time in class after I didn’t have cash and my academics paid my college charges for 2 years. After I got here to town, we had been dwelling in a extremely small home. I used to be paying Rs 7000 of my share which I assumed was an excessive amount of. I wanted round 15-20000 each month to outlive and there have been occasions I’d get a notification that I’ve solely 18 rupees left in my account. My good friend would have 23 rupees.”