Shankar Shanmugam is an Indian film-maker. He’s thought to be top-of-the-line film-makers within the historical past of Indian Cinema. Beginning his profession in 1993 with Tamil Cinema, Shankar rose to fame by his back-to-back superhit movies within the first and second a long time of the twenty first century. Resulting from his diligent character, Shankar is likely one of the highest paid and most revolutionary administrators in Cinema. Due to his high-budgeted movies, he’s usually thought to be Steven Spielberg of Indian Cinema. Tell us some extra about S. Shankar.
S. Shankar was born on 17 August 1963 (Age: 55 Years, as in 2018) in Kumbakonam, Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu, India. He enrolled at Central Polytechnic Faculty, Chennai, India to pursue his diploma in Mechanical Engineering. Since childhood, Shankar wished to work in movies and his expertise was recognised by a well-known screenwriter S. A. Chandrasekhar who by chance noticed the drama at stage reveals made by Shankar and his group. Though, he wished to be an actor, nevertheless, he selected to be a director as a substitute.
Shankar is 5 toes 9 inch or 175 cm tall. He weighs in round 85 kg or 187 lbs. His eye and hair color is black.
Shankar was born to Shanmugam (Father) and Muthulakshmi (Mom). Shankar is married to Easwari Shankar.
The couple has one son, Arjith Shankar and two daughters; Aditi Shankar and Aishwarya Shankar.
Shankar began his profession as an assistant to administrators like S. A. Chandrasekhar and Pavithran. As an assistant to S. A. Chandrasekhar, his first movie was Jai Shiv Shankar (1990) which was produced by the well-known actor Rajesh Khanna.
His first movie as director was Gentleman which was a Tamil movie that launched in 1993. He debuted in Hindi Cinema with the movie Nayak (2001) starring Anil Kapoor. A few of his directorial ventures are Indian (Tamil), Denims, Shivaji, Robotic (renamed as Enthiran; Costliest Indian movie at the moment), Nanban, I, and so on.
After the business success of Enthiran in 2010, Shankar began to work on sci-fi fiction 2.0 in 2015. It’s the most costly Indian Movie ever with the funds of ₹543 crore or $76 million. After that, he began engaged on Indian2, a sequel to his Tamil movie Indian.
As in 2017, his internet price is round ₹116 Crore.
- Shankar’s two movies; Indian (1996) and Denims (1998), have been nominated to the Academy Award for Greatest Overseas Language Movie.
- Shankar has been the highest paid director in Indian Cinema.
- Most of his profession, he has primarily labored for Tamil Cinema.
- Shankar is the one director to have zero flops to his credit score.
- He has directed 12 films collaborating with musical maestro A.R. Rahman.
- In 2006, he gained the Nationwide Movie Award for his Tamil movie, Veyil.
- Shankar is taken into account the Steven Spielberg of Indian Cinema as a result of his historical past of constructing big-budget movies.
- His favorite musician is A. R. Rahman and favorite actor is Rajinikanth.