Sonam Kapoor has always used her platform of movies to raise awareness about important issues in society. From talking about homosexuality in ‘Ek Ladki Ko Dekha Toh Aisa Laga’ to celebrating strong women and friendship in ‘Veere Di Wedding’, each of her films had a bigger message to convey. Aside from her movie choices, the actress never shyes away from giving her honest and embarrassed opinion on relevant topics.
Rightly hailed as the leading voice of change, Sonam has time and again inspired young women to take charge of their lives, practice happiness, and most importantly, support sisterhood.
While we all aspire to have a ‘Veere’ like Sonam Kapoor in our lives, here’s seven powerful quotes from the protagonist to fuel our motivation tank.
Have a look!
1) “I think every imperfection adds to your beauty. I’d rather be imperfect than perfect.”
2) “Women of value are those who want positive change for themselves, their families, the community or society, which I think is important. To me, a woman of value is someone who has self-respect, who believes she can change things in society.”
3) “So many women are financially dependent on men. So why can’t men depend on women? I’m all done with it.”
4) “Strong women lift each other up. I am fortunate to be surrounded by many of them and hope to encourage that sisterhood. Women can only grow up in this man’s world if we motivate and strengthen each other.”
5) “I think people have the wrong idea of boldness. For me, it is daring to be different.”
6) “I’m not afraid to fail, because if you don’t fail, you wouldn’t know the secret to success.”
7) “In many ways, if I were ambitious about something – besides my career – I would be ambitious about love and happiness.”
Filmy One (FilmyOne.com) – Exclusive Entertainment Site